We have compiled a list of tips and hints on how to care for your jewellery. Below is a few simple steps to keep your jewellery clean, shiny and in one piece.
- To minimize scratches and other damage, store your jewellery either in a cloth bag or in the git box provided.
- Exposure to air and the environment can cause your jewellery to tarnish over time, we recommend storing your jewellery in a small grip seal bag, it’s a good way of keeping your jewellery looking newer for longer.
- Avoid exposing your jewellery to household chemicals when cleaning with bleach or ammonia.
- Should your silver become tarnished, you can bring back the silver colour by using a silver polishing cloth. Rub firmly over the silver, be careful of rubbing too hard over fingerprints as it may rub off over time.
- Silver polishing cloths are available from hardware stores, craft stores and can be easily found on line.
- Silver dips can be quite harsh and will also remove the antiquing effect from your jewellery, we recommend that you do not use Silver dips.
- Chemicals in swimming pools can cause tarnishing, water will also contribute to tarnishing, therefore always remove jewellery before entering a pool, sea or shower.
- Skin and hair products can react with jewellery and cause it to tarnish or discolour, therefore we advise applying any cosmetics and scents first.
- To ensure your jewellery is not accidentally damaged during physical exercise such as cleaning, gardening or the gym we recommend you take off your jewellery beforehand.
- Regular cleaning of your jewellery will prevent tarnish and keep your jewellery bright and sparkly.
- Do not store jewellery on windowsills or in bathrooms as damp and hot conditions will cause jewellery to tarnish.
- We do not recommend sleeping in your jewellery.
- Store jewellery separately so that they do not tangle or scratch against each other.
- Even though we do solder our joins, to prevent loss, we would advise that from time to time that you check links and catches for signs of wear and tear. If you are unlucky enough to lose your charm, we cannot be held responsible.
- In time, like everything, your jewellery will begin to show signs of wear.
By treating your jewellery with care and storing correctly in the original gift box, or in a jewellery box, your jewellery should bring you many years of wear and enjoyment.